The Organization for Human Brain Mapping has established this Diversity & Inclusivity Champion Award in recognition of members who have made significant contributions to increasing diversity and inclusivity within the field of human brain mapping.
- Be a member of OHBM (open to both junior and senior members of the Society) who has exemplified deliberate efforts to mentor members from underrepresented groups within the brain mapping community (peers, students, postdocs and junior faculty).
- Has demonstrated results for activities that advocated for and advanced diversity and inclusivity in OHBM and the field generally.
Please note: Current OHBM elected leadership are ineligible to receive OHBM Awards
Nominations may be made by any individual other than the nominee and should include:
- A brief statement (in 1000 words or less) outlining the specific actions taken by the individual that demonstrate the reasons for nomination and commenting on the results the nominee's contribution has made to advancing diversity and inclusivity in the field of human brainmapping
- A short biographical statement (no more than two pages) on the nominee, including: Name; Present affiliation; Current mailing address; Current phone, fax and email; Advance professional degrees (including institutions and dates)
- A short list of past and current trainees and mentees (if applicable); URL of website (if available)
- At least one letter of support from an OHBM member.
*The nomination period has now closed for the 2021 OHBM Annual Meeting.
Nominations will be evaluated with the final selection made by the OHBM Council. The recipient will be notified in April 2021.
The recipient will receive a cash award of $2,500 USD along with an engraved plaque. Both are presented to the recipient at the Annual Meeting. Awardee will be given the opportunity to give a brief remark during the Annual Meeting.
Questions? Please direct them to the OHBM Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.